Shanghai, again?

Standing on the pier

Why I should fret over his going to Shanghai is beyond me. Perhaps it was because I suggested it and he said so many things to make me believe he wouldn't go without me because he didn't want to anywhere new without me. Sweet, but now sour, even bitter. Of course it's really unlikely Shanghai will be any easier for him to get that visa. But it's a good excuse, as excuses go. Having refused one ticket there, I won't refuse a second one. No way - not this time. So I must get there before the 10th of next month. Have a place to stay - several, actually. I will need time to meet those who've been kind, considerate and in touch with me - infinitely more frequently than he ever was. I think it's going to be the end of our relationship when I do make it to Beijing. Therefore, I'll likely stay only long enough to experience the cold & head south to a warmer climate. Thailand and Malaysia are looking like nice places to pass through when I have to exit in order to comply with my visa limitations. I wonder what Sanya is like.

No comments: